Friday, November 06, 2015

A Toddler Room with Vintage Trucks and an Airplane, Oh My!

My 6-year-old is no longer a toddler but he's still enjoying the room we made for him when he was 3! This was one of my favorite room makeovers. It was even featured on apartment therapy a few years ago. It's a small room so we made the most we could with the space. I love the bold fun colors and especially love decorating with vintage toys that my father gave to my on. A trip to ikea and some browsing pinterest for chalkboard ideas (all post more about that later) made this room a pretty simple one to put together.


This toy airplane is one of my favorite pieces in the room, especially since my son loves flying and wants to be a "police man pilot" when he grows up :). My father, an antique lover, gifted him this vintage PAA N6515C toy airplane along with the John Deere ride in car. The airplane is not in perfect condition but makes a great piece of art for our boy's room. 

The book shelf was recovered from my parents barn. I painted it an orange color to match my son's nursery crib bedding. I thought the color also worked well in his big boy room so I kept it the same, plus it works well with the art above made by a dear friend. The vintage trucks, again gifted to my son by his Grandpa, makes the prefect little book shelf or block holder! I should note that we had all of these old toys tested for lead. All items were found safe, but I don't encourage my son to play with as he has so many other toys.

Got to love the great bed from ikea, the KURA reversible bed. This bed has held up great for the past 3 years, and Niko really enjoys sleeping in it in reverse mode, he now has more room for toy storage below with it flipped. The very affordable Costco bear is also a favorite! I know eventually the little guy is going to want a room update, but for now we're still loving this room.





No comments: